In accordance with the physical requirements defined by the US Department of Transportation.
- You must have 20/40 correctable vision in each eye. Glasses or contact lenses are acceptable to correct a driver's vision.
- You cannot be a kiabetic on needle injected insulin; diabetes controlled through a diet or oral medication is premitted.
- Your blood pressure must meet the following criteria:
- 140-159/90-99 for 1 year certificate
- 160-179/100-109 for a 3 month temporary certificate
- Greater than 180/110 is disqualifying
- * prescription medication to control blood pressure is permitted.
- Your blood sugar level must be under 200.
- Use of a Schedule 2 drug, amphetamine, marcotic or any other habit forming drug is not permitted.
- If you have a current diagnosis of cardiac insufficiency, collapse, congestive cardiac failure or any other cardiovascular disease you will be required to provide the Medical Examiner with a streess test (needs to be performed within the last 12 months) along with a release from your physician stating that you can drive a commercial motor vehicle without restrictions.